Access the venue
- There are several options to get to Kyoto station, a major railway station near the venue. Here are typical ones.
- From Kansai International Airport, take The Limited Express Haruka to Kyoto station. This takes approximately 1.5 hours.
- From Haneda Airport, take Keikyu Airport Line to Shinagawa station, then take Shinkansen (bullet train) to Kyoto station. This takes approximately 3 hours.
- From Narita International Airport, take Narita Express to Shinagawa station, then take Shinkansen (bullet train) to Kyoto station. This takes approximately 3 hours.
- From JR Kyoto station (Hachijo West Exit), 15 minutes walk south to the venue.
About Kyoto, JAPAN
Kyoto is considered the cultural capital of Japan and is a major tourist destination. It is home to numerous Buddhist temples, Shinto shrines, palaces and gardens, some of which have been designated collectively as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Prominent landmarks include the Kyoto Imperial Palace, Kiyomizu-dera, Kinkaku-ji, Ginkaku-ji, and Kyoto Tower. The internationally renowned video game company Nintendo is based in Kyoto. Kyoto is also a center of higher learning in the country, and its institutions include Kyoto University, the second oldest university in Japan. (From Wikipedia)
The average temperature in Kyoto in May typically ranges from a high of 72°F (22°C) to a low of 54°F (12°C). Some would describe it as mildly cool with a gentle breeze.
Japan’s currency is Yen. Cash is still a favoured method in Japan. Most major credit cards are accepted for purchases in larger stores and restaurants. However, shrines and other locations in rural areas might only take cash.
Free wifi access will be provided in the venue.
Messages/Lost and Found
Please visit the registration office for assistance.